Vocational Skills You’ll Learn at Profound Treatment in Los Angeles
- Finding a place to live – Focus on stability and security.
- Finding employment – Securing a low-stress job that supports your recovery.
- Self-care – Healthy food, adequate sleep, regular exercise and proper hygiene
- Structure – Building a daily routine to create healthy habits
- Personal finance – Focus on banking, rebuilding credit and making financial amends
- Stress management – Budgeting time, positive coping strategies, regulating emotions
- Effective communication – Learning tact, setting boundaries, conflict resolution
How Does a Life Skills Training Program for Recovering Addicts Work?
Recovering from addiction means more than getting and staying sober. Recovery extends to all aspects of life that have been damaged by drug or alcohol abuse. Vocational rehab in Los Angeles helps clients reenter the world feeling confident that they can handle day-to-day responsibilities.
Life skills for recovering addicts include social and psychological skills needed to meet the challenges of everyday life. Training focuses on three separate but connected categories.
First, instructors in a California vocational rehab help clients develop the cognitive skills they need to analyze events as they unfold. Instead of turning to substances to cope, clients gain confidence in their ability to handle life’s small crises.
Interpersonal skills are the next category. Some clients may have forgotten or never learned how to interact with others appropriately, especially in stressful situations. Our vocational rehab in Los Angeles teaches clients the interpersonal skills they need to build healthy relationships on all avenues of life.
Lastly, we help people improve their personal skills. Paying bills on time, eating a healthy diet, managing stress, and finding employment are some examples of personal skills.
Life skills for recovering addicts are an important part of the overall recovery process. Your ability to live a fully functioning, drug- and alcohol-free life depends on your ability to take care of daily responsibilities and build healthy relationships.