What Is Purple Drank?
Table of Contents
What Is Purple Drank (Lean)?
Contact Profound Treatment to Learn More
Our team is standing by to discuss treatment options with you. Your call is completely confidential and no obligation is required.
What Does Purple Drank Do?
Is Purple Drank Addictive?
Purple Drank in Adolescents
How Long Does Purple Drank Stay in Your System?
- Urine: Two to three days
- Blood: Up to twenty-four hours
- Saliva: One to four days
- Hair follicle: Two to three months
Purple Drank Side Effects
- Drowsiness or extreme
- Slowed or irregular heart rate and lower blood pressure
- Decreased body temperature
- Dry mouth
- Dental decay
- Mental impairment
- Lack of coordination and balance
- Impaired vision
- Memory loss
- Mood swings
- Loss of consciousness
Withdrawal Symptoms of Purple Drank
- Gastrointestinal issues, including nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
- Muscle aches
- Joint and back pain
- Sleep difficulties, including insomnia
- Excessive sweating and chills
- Irregular blood pressure and heart rate
If you are experiencing difficulty due to withdrawal from lean, it is important to seek support and medical guidance. Contact your medical provider if you are experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms.
Can Overdose Purple Drank Kill You?
Opioids are commonly linked to drug overdoses and overdose deaths due to their high potential for abuse, dependency, and addiction. As an opioid, the codeine in purple drank means an overdose can occur and comes with the risk of death. In 2020, overdose deaths caused by prescription opioids, including codeine, reached 16,416. 4
Indications of Overdose
- Small or pinprick pupils
- Nausea and vomiting
- Cold and clammy skin that almost looks blue
- Extreme sedation or loss of consciousness
- Mental confusion and agitation
- Dizziness and loss of balance and coordination
- Drop in heart rate and blood pressure
Purple Drank and Alcohol
While adding alcohol to purple drank may increase its effects, it also has the potential to cause more severe symptoms such as:
- Trouble breathing
- Organ damage
Purple Drank and Other Substances
Get Treatment for Purple Drank Addiction at Profound Treatment
If you or someone you love is struggling with an addiction to lean or purple drank, Profound is here to help! Profound Treatment offers evidence-based and holistic treatment programs, such as detox and inpatient care, for a variety of addiction and mental health disorders. We provide individualized care to ensure you receive the treatment you need to recover successfully.
For more information about our treatment programs and resources or to talk to an admissions specialist, contact Profound today at 310.929.9546