Drug addiction is a complex brain disease that is characterized by the compulsion to use drugs, despite the negative consequences. A lot of the time, it’s not just as simple as stopping. Illicit drugs, or street drugs, refer to highly addictive and illegal substances. The use of these drugs affects over 35 million people worldwide, and is a growing epidemic that only 1 in 7 addicts get help for.
Drug Rehab Center In Los Angeles CA
TYPES OF ILLICIT DRUGS
Drug use can start willingly, but can quickly turn into an addiction. Addiction is typically characterized by a physical dependency, tolerance to the drug of choice, and withdrawal symptoms when a person stops taking it. The risk of addiction and how fast you become addicted varies by drug. Some drugs, such as opioid painkillers, have a higher risk and cause addiction more quickly than others.
DRUG ADDICTION SYMPTOMS
- Feeling that you have to use the drug regularly — daily or even several times a day
- Having intense urges for the drug that block out any other thoughts
- Over time, needing more of the drug to get the same effect
- Taking larger amounts of the drug over a longer period of time than you intended
- Making certain that you maintain a supply of the drug
- Spending money on the drug, even though you can’t afford it
- Not meeting obligations and work responsibilities, or cutting back on social or recreational activities because of drug use
- Continuing to use the drug, even though you know it’s causing problems in your life or causing you physical or psychological harm
DRUG TREATMENT LOS ANGELES
Profound specializes in treating people who are addicted to illicit drugs through a continuum of care. We offer programs for every step of the recovery process, from our Medically-Assisted Detox, to Inpatient Rehab Program. As well as offering aftercare, from our Intensive Outpatient Program and Sober Living. Profound Drug Rehab Los Angeles, CA is here to help you find a treatment plan that works best for you.