Being in recovery from drugs and alcohol is difficult. You have to take it day by day, even minute by minute, during the days, weeks, and months to come. It’s normal to need some inspiration now and again when you are struggling to stay sober. Read on for 40 inspirational quotes for addicts to help you get through the tough times.
We all need a bit of inspiration now and then, you aren’t the only person who struggles
Addiction Recovery Quotes
- Always stay strong no matter what happens today. Every day is a new beginning with worlds of possibilities in front of you.
- Be strong when you are faced with your past demons. You’ve conquered them before, and you can face them again.
- You’re worth much more than you could ever imagine, even with a past you are not proud of. Stay strong and keep moving forward.
- Carry yourself with your head held high and strength in your heart. You deserve the promise of a new day.
- Recovery takes time. But now that you are in recovery, you have plenty of time to make it work.
- Don’t keep your mind in the past- you do not live there any longer. Stay focused on the future and who you are becoming.
- It takes a strong person to stay in recovery. Face your fears head-on, and you’ll begin to see change.
- You can’t change the things that happened to you in the past, but you have full control over what will happen in the future.
- We are harder on ourselves than anyone else. Treat yourself the same way you would treat someone you love- you are worth it.
- Always believe in yourself, even if it seems as if you are the only one. You have the power it takes to make a change.
- Motivation and commitment can be tough. But beating an addiction to drugs and alcohol is tough, too. Keep on moving forward and don’t look back.
- No one said that moving forward in recovery would be easy. But you can rejoice in the fact that you are doing something extremely difficult and succeeding.
- There is no better victory than being able to say you are sober. Remember that when you are tempted to go back to your old self.
- Recovery is not an easy task. It takes courage, heart, and determination. You have that in you and so much more.
- As you move forward in recovery, don’t forget the person you once were when you were using. Sometimes that is all we need to stay sober.
- You are the only person who can change your future. Whoever you decide to be is all up to you.
- The human spirit is tougher than any material known to man. Keep your spirits high as you face the future clean and sober. You can do anything you want to.
- There is no time limit to recovery. Every day is another day that you are can proclaim a success.
- There is no better feeling than counting the days you are in recovery. Keep those numbers in mind when you don’t think you can do it anymore.
- Rock bottom is the first step to a clean and sober you. Not only is there nowhere to go but up, but you now have room to learn and grow.
- Enjoy all the world has to offer as you navigate it in recovery. You’ve opened up more than you could imagine.
- You either give up and let the day ruin you, or you fight and come out victorious in the end. The choice is yours.
- It’s easy to give up when you have failed in the past. But wouldn’t it be amazing to look back and relish in your great triumph?
- Don’t allow past failures to define you as a person. We all fail sometimes, but it is how we try again and again that makes us victorious.
- Every day in recovery is a gift. The best way to get through the harder days is to continue to fight as hard as you need to.
- We all have incredible strength and power. Sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom to realize just how strong we are.
- You may feel as though every day is a struggle. But think of how you will feel when you finally make it to the top.
- No matter how bad it was in the past, your better days are waiting for you. Enjoy them in your new, sober light.
- Changing your destructive behavior will cause a significant change in your character. Find a new you while you take recovery day by day. You’ll be shocked at what you’ll experience.
- You’ve gotten through the first stages of recovery already. While some days will be harder than others, don’t let those days go to waste by falling into old habits. You have the power to change.
- We all have the power to make a change in our behaviors. Don’t allow what happened in the past to define you for the rest of your life.
- Everyone deserves to be happy and content. Find your peace in the future, and forget what you did when you were using.
- Imagine the respect you will receive as you move forward in recovery. There is no greater feeling than the feeling of complete success.
- Recovery doesn’t just end one day. It is a commitment that you must accept daily. However, every day gets a little bit easier on the road to recovery.
- Not all battles are won the very first time they are fought. Stay strong and prepare for the days that are harder while embracing the easier days.
- Don’t let an obstacle set you back. There are ways around or through anything that happens to you that don’t include the use of alcohol or drugs.
- Always be proud of the steps you have taken to get where you are, no matter how small. It takes courage and strength to beat addiction.
- Even though you may not be in the place you have wished for, you are still on the way. Don’t give up on your dreams when you have come this far.
- The goal is to love yourself so much that you don’t need alcohol or drugs to alter your mind. You are worthy of a lifetime of love.
- You can’t go back and change the past, but you can make a whole new future for yourself.
Substance Abuse Treatment & Recovery
Remember not to disregard professional medical advice and learn from past mistakes. Drug or alcohol addiction is something that takes continued effort, especially in early recovery. These addiction recovery quotes can provide a source of inspiration. All the suffering you have gone through doesn’t haveto continue. If you want addiction treatment or help in your recovery journey, Profound is here to help. You can give us a call and get started on your new life with absolutely no pressure.
We hope these inspirational quotes for addicts will help you feel better about your situation. Remember, you are strong, and you are worth it!